Today, I'm sharing another commissioned quilt I made at the end of last year. My sweet friend from college asked me to make a baby quilt for her brand new nephew! She requested a vintage airplane theme, and left the rest up to me!
As soon as I saw Flight by Janet Clare for Moda, I knew it was the perfect fabric line for this project. It complements his nursery without being too matchy-matchy. I quilted horizontal, wavy lines to represent wind. I just love the overall effect.
- Finished Size: 36" x 45"
- Blocks: 4.5" finished squares
- Applique: the airplane, banner, and name were appliquéd using a satin stitch
- Batting: Warm and Plush by Warm Company
- Binding: Kona Cotton in Navy
- Backing: Cozy Cotton Flannel Tan Small Dot
This post contains affiliate links. It doesn't cost you anything to click them, but I may earn a small commission if you do. Thank you for supporting Running Stitch Quilts!